Tropical Grasslands-Forrajes Tropicales (TGFT) is an ISI-indexed online journal that publishes quarterly research papers peer reviewed by the top forages scientists worldwide. Unlike most well-known publishers and publications, TGFT does not have any article processing charges (APCs) nor subscription fees, making it compliance with diamond open access. This allows scholars, lecturers, extensionists, farmers and anyone interested in tropical forages to access high quality and state-of-the-art research. Also, the platform includes all the papers published in the former journals Tropical Grasslands (1967‒2010), Pasturas Tropicales (1979‒2007) and CSRIO Genetic Resources Communications (1980‒2000).
In what context is this tool useful?
For authors: This tool is useful for young researchers who want to publish their findings and receive a comprehensive review of their work, including guidance from the editors to improve their manuscripts to assure the quality of the publication. Experienced researchers can publish as well with the confidence of receiving appropriate feedback of their findings. The outcome for both are the publication of their contributions at the highest quality standards.
For users: academics and practitioners could access the topmost tropical forages research, peer-reviewed and totally free.
- Since 2013, 11 volumes with 425 articles have been published Full Open Access, no APCs, without any subscription fees (Diamond category).
- 56,921 visits in 2022 (81,952 views)
- Authors from 85 countries
- 2021 Journal Impact Factor: 0.757 / 5-year: 0.897
- 2022 Scopus CiteScore: 2.1 / Scimago JR: 0.254
- The Journal is Indexed in different platforms, including: Scopus, Clarivate, Scielo, SJR
- Visitors are mostly from Asia, America and Africa (African readers incremented in 2022)
- Visitor's main language is English (significant increase of readers in the last year), followed by Spanish and Portuguese.
Variations on this method
The software used is PKP OpenJournal Systems (OJS), which has been updated recently to the most stable version (18.104.22.168) to improve the visual appearance and workflow, and interoperates with different journal indexation services as DOAJ, Crossref (DOI), Web of Science, EBSCO, among others.