The call for abstracts for the 2nd International Agrobiodiversity Congress – Agrobiodiversity for food system transformation, is now open. The Congress, scheduled for 15 to 18 November 2021, will focus on the role that agrobiodiversity can play in positively changing our food systems. The deadline for abstract submission is 7 July 2021.
Agrobiodiversity can help address these challenges and drive a positive food system transformation. The Congress will focus on:
- providing evidence of agrobiodiversity’s role in this transformation and exploring the links between agrobiodiversity loss, malnutrition, climate change, and environmental degradation;
- showcasing existing solutions and business opportunities to translate science into action and enhance multi-sectoral collaboration on sustainable use and conservation of agrobiodiversity;
- informing the UN Food Systems Summit and UN Global Biodiversity Framework and other processes related to food system sustainability to advance global environmental protection and nutrition outcomes.
The three-day program is designed to provide lively discussions and contributions from all sectors that impact agrobiodiversity conservation and use: agriculture, environment, nutrition/health, education, social development, the private sector. Oral presentations, posters and panel discussions will explore innovative research, actions and policies focused on expanding the role of agrobiodiversity in food systems. The Congress will investigate novel markets and unlock agrobiodiversity’s potential for income generation for the most vulnerable. Submissions related to research, policy or practice are invited under the following pillars and sub-themes:
We welcome cross-cutting submissions about agrobiodiversity (e.g. gender and youth; indigenous food systems and related knowledge; science innovation, infrastructure, digital technologies; human health and wellbeing; human rights and equity; green growth/job creation; new partnership models with the private sector).
Congress language: English
18 January 2021: Abstract submission is opened
7 July 2021: Abstract submission deadline
1 July – 15 September 2021: Abstract review process
30 September 2021: Notification of acceptance
Abstract selection criteria
Selection criteria used to assess abstracts may include:
- Relevance of the abstract to the conference’s themes and sub-themes
- Research merit, innovation, originality, and interest
- Quality of the abstract, in terms of content and language
Abstract submission guidelines and form
Abstracts should be submitted in English using the Abstract submission form. Please provide:
- Name, affiliation, and position of main author(s)
- Short biography of the main author/presenter (no more than 150 words)
- Abstract title
- Abstract (no more than 250 words) summarizing the content of the paper including background, methods/approach, results, and conclusions.
- There is no limit on the number of abstracts each author can submit.
Email notification of acceptance/rejection will be sent to corresponding authors by 30 September 2021.
Abstracts will be ranked based on the outlined selection criteria, and selected authors will be invited to prepare either an oral or poster presentation for publication on the Congress’ virtual platform.
Authors of the best abstracts may be invited to submit a full paper for publication in national and/or international scientific journals following the Congress.
Therefore, by responding to this call for abstracts, authors confirm that submitted abstract(s) are their own original work, do not infringe third parties’ rights and have not been published or have not been submitted elsewhere for publication. Furthermore, they allow the Congress and its organizers to use their abstracts for publication in the Congress and Congress’ platform.
NOTE: Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to register for the Second International Agrobiodiversity Congress. Proof of registration will be required for the abstracts to be included in the final program and publications.
IMPORTANT: Before submitting your abstract please read our Privacy Notice. By submitting your abstract(s), you confirm that you accept our privacy terms and conditions.