I am a nutritionist and a community-oriented person working for the Alliance Of Bioversity International and CIAT as a Research Associate-Nutrition implementing a livelihood project titled "Building resilience to Enhancing food and nutrition security, incomes and health in Northern Uganda" (BRENU). It’s under the Development funded by the European Union and supervised by the Office of the prime minister (OPM).The programme is being implemented in seven districts of Lango and Teso Sub region of Northern Uganda namely,Dokolo,Amolatar,Otuke,Kwania,Apac,Amuria and Kapelebyong.
I joined Alliance Of Bioversity International and CIAT on 15th/February 2021 and I have 1 years and 6 months substantial experience working as Research Associate-Nutrition with Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT, I possess experience in Maternal child health and nutrition (MCHN), Nutrition Assessment Counselling Support (NACs), Food Security, Nutrition security and Livelihood.
Below are my career roles and responsibilities in Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT;
• Participate in district level project meetings to represent the alliance, share updates and in turn provide feedback to the Alliance team.
• Conduct Capacity Building on nutrition for Community development promoters and community development facilitators.
• Establish nutritious kitchen as demonstrations to help target households establish a functional and sustainable nutritious kitchen garden with at least one green leafy vegetable and one vitamin A rich fruit.
• Prepare and submit clean datasets from field data collected.
• Prepare quarterly term and district technical reports on progress with regards to the Alliance’s related activities and submit to the supervisor.
I have completed my Diploma in Human Nutrition and Dietetics from Bukalasa Agricultural College. I love acquiring new knowledge, creating friends and I love sports